Position Reports To:
To serve as a point of contact for the operation’s team, requiring self-motivation and utilizing independent judgement to operate in a complex business environment.
Community Strategic Plan
- Provide support as needed for the operations department during the planning for existing projects and acquisition for new projects. This includes assisting in the preparation of planning materials, managing reports, segmentation studies and coordination with external business partners.
- Provide support to achieve project completion in accordance with business plan objectives.
- Communicate with builders and coordinate collection of/and dissemination of information and materials.
- Assist VP with the development of builder contracts including coordination and distribution of related material.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all builder contracts including details of contract terms.
- Coordinate with relevant parties in the processing of builder contracts and amendments.
- Monitor builder performance requirements as defined in the contracts including lot takedowns, fee requirements and other obligations.
- Participate with Project Manager or Construction Manager and builder representatives during the substantial completion process.
- Communicate with builders as appropriate on development updates, schedules, deadlines and plats.
- Create and maintain builder orientation materials.
- Work with development and marketing teams on segmentation and future development planning.
- Collect and distribute materials for builder packages.
- Collect and track final as-built surveys and 3rd party disclosures from builder/closing coordinators.
- Work with VP to collect market information for the development of lot absorption projections.
HOA and COA
- Support collection and distribution of information between the Homeowner Association management company, development team and the builders.
- Serve on the Homeowner Association Board and participate in monthly meetings.
- Participate in the review of architectural submittals for consistency with established design guidelines.
- Review builder construction activities with regard to architectural control and other issues.
- Serve as a member of the ACC, which is responsible for the review and approval of all architectural and house site plan submittals.
- Communicate with builders for plan review and coordinate with operations personnel.
- Maintain and update the Design Guidelines as needed.
Administrative and Organization
- Perform duties of a Notary as needed.
- Coordinate signatures on important documents such as Deeds, HUDs, and contracts.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned by VP Operations.
- Prepare team meeting agendas, timely meeting notes and follow up on action items.
- Coordinate and assist with accommodations for meetings/events and arrange for conference needs.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for operations department.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills. Strong Administrative and Computer Skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard software applications (e.g. Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, on-line database applications, internet).
- Responsible-must be able to prioritize and solve problems independently.
- Ability to organize and multi-task efficiently.
- Positive attitude and the desire to work in a team environment.
- Current Notary status or willingness to acquire and maintain status.
- Ability to lift signs/boxes up to 20 lbs.
- College degree preferred – preferably in Business Management or Communications.
- Some local travel required.
- Experience in the homebuilding or land development industry preferred.
Direct Reports to this Position: None
Please apply on our Job Board by Clicking Here.
This job is located in Houston, TX.
Posted April 23, 2018
Newland is an equal opportunity employer. We will not unlawfully discriminate against team members or applicants for employment on any legally protected basis including, but not limited to: race, color, sex, religion, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age (over 40), pregnancy, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Newland will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or a team member, upon request, unless undue hardship would result.